Why Blog For Your Business?
“Why should we blog for our business” is one question I get asked a lot and it is the best thing that has ever happened for my website and brand, so I decided to start off my first blog post by writing about “why you should blog for your business?”
Blogging is the most important and valuable tool which engages your with your audience and ultimately gives them confidence in you and also established you as an expert in your field. If you have not started blogging, I think the first thing you should do, after finishing this post is to start a blog for your website. I challenge you! Trust me, it will be the best decision you have made for your business or brand. It is hard work, but it is worth every penny and every second you put into it.
Oh, before we jump in, I also get asked this question a lot, “Is SEO and google the only reason why we need to blog?” Well, no, there are a lot and we will cover them in this post.
[Tweet "There’s much more to having a company blog than just getting more visitors to your website because Google decided to send them there. "]
Let’s jump in and find out why blogging is such a powerful tool to integrate with your website.
One | Blogging lets everyone know that you are an expert in your field
When you blog you constantly remind your reader and audience that you are an expert in that particular field and would want to help them in it. Most people blog on the common questions that are asked by their clients, customers or their leads. This is a powerful way to let your prospective clients and your current clients know that you are in authority and are an expert in that particular field.
Be the problem solver and earn people's trust with your blogging!
Two | Blogging brings more traffic to your website
Let's admit it, we all want traffic on our website. Raise your hand if you want traffic to your website!! Yes, I can see each of you raising hands and some of you are raising two hands just like me.
So how can you drive more traffic to you website? Well, the answer is:
1) Blogging 2) Social Media 3) Search engines
The above are the three major ways to drive traffic to your website.
Every time you write a blog post you are adding an index page to your website which means that Google and other search engines have another reason to know that your website is active and running at a constant speed.
Bottom line: Be active online to get more traffic and blogging is the only solution to keep your website active.
[Tweet "B2C companies that blog get 88% more leads/month than those who don’t."]
Three | Blogging generates leads for our business
This is one of the main reasons all of us want more traffic, we need to generate leads and with blogging you will have an opportunity to do that! Just like every blog post will bring in a new audience and create a new indexed page on search engines, similarly each post is another opportunity to gain more leads. Just add a call to action button at the end of each blog post (and make sure it is pretty darn good) and waahhlaa!! You will have a lead in your bucket! Let me give you a few examples of call to actions:
A free e-book away A free trial offer Free whitepapers Free fact sheets or cheat sheets Free webinars and much more!!!
Studies show that a call-to-action button at the bottom of your blog post gives you 80% on your invest into that post and trust me, that is a lot! This is the most popular method of converting your viewers into leads. [Tweet "Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors."] So, here is an overview of how it works!
A visitor comes into your blog and reads it and finds it pretty useful They see the call to action button (mostly containing some freebie) He clicks on it to find out what you are offering! After he clicks the button, he will be redirected to fill a form with his basic details. Then after he hits submit, you will get a lead and he will get his freebie! It definitely a win-win situation.
NOTE: Know that not every reader of your blog will become turn into a lead and not every lead will be your ideal customer.
Here are some more reasons why you should blog for your business:
It is an amazing platform to meet like-minded people like you and it Is easy for them to get to know you more. It is like a fuel for search engines and search engines love valuable content and will definitely have a reward waiting for you in the end! Blogging gives you awareness about what kind of audience you have. Google analytics helps you analyse your readers behavior on your website, helps you see what the popular posts are and the best part is you can tell what part of the day your visitors stop by your website. Blogging is one place where you can endlessly talk about you business and your brand, tell stories on how you started off your business and how you have accomplished certain things. You can also tell them why you started this business and discuss in what way you can be helpful to them.
It helps you having a two-way conversation with your prospects, clients or your competitors :) Blogging encourages your reader to interact with you and give you a feedback on the post or just share what is on their mind! Be sure you reply back to each and every single comment.
- By blogging, you will sharpen your business strategy because you need to keep asking yourself “who are you blogging for and why?” which refines and polishes your brand vision and mission.
- It makes you think, like really think! It makes you think about your industry, your ideal customers, newsworthy topics to talk about and basically the world around you.
- It builds confidence in your customers and prospective clients and also starts building a relationship with them since every post is like a conversation it helps you build relationships with your readers and eventually these readers will become your future promoters.
- It creates a good PR base for you! This is one of the best reasons out a million. Journalists and other experts in your field most often interview business bloggers like you!
- By using keywords in your posts you can reach out to the right crowd and market your creativity by writing about it.
- When your favorite brands know that your blog is having a decent amount of audience and is doing good, they will pay you to write about their products. What more do you want??? Your favorite brand asking you to write about their products!!
- You get to set the trend instead of following it!
- Your blog is the voice of your brand. It creates an atmosphere where your and your readers talk about new products and give reviews about it.
- It gives you long-term results! The older the blog, the more the page views and visitors to your website!
Facts that will blow your mind:
- 61% of customers have made purchases based on a blog post that they read.
- 60% of customers feel positive and get a good vibe about a company after reading its blog.
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through its blog versus ads.
- Businesses that blog have 55% more website visitors.
- B2C companies that blog get 88% more leads/month than those who don’t.
- Most people read 5 – 10 blogs in a day.
- 1% of consumers that use the internet consider a brand’s blog to be the second most influential factor when it comes to making a purchase.
- Brands or businesses with more than 51 blog articles experience a 77% lift in median monthly leads.
- 61% of US consumers have make a purchase based on a blog post.
- 60% of consumers feel positive about a corporate brand after reading their blog.
- 82% of your customers enjoy reading relevant content from company blogs.
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through their blogs rather than their ads.
- Websites that blog typically have 97% more inbound links.
- Websites that blog typically have 434% more indexed pages.
- 80% of daily blogs visits are new. Work on getting more repeat visits by building your blog email list and social media fans and followers. Also optimise your blog for new visitors.
- Blogs that post everyday get 5 times more traffic than those who post weekly or less
- Long blog posts attract more backlinks. Write articles that are atleast 1500 words long.
- Blog posts with more images also attract more backlinks. Include screenshots, graphics and infographics in your articles.
- Blogs get the highest traffic on Monday mornings. Make sure more people read your blog by publishing it first thing on Monday morning.
Now It’s Your Turn
I’ve shown you 3 most important reasons why your business should have a blog. Well, What do you think? Have you seen these 3 benefits within your business? Which one has made the most impact in your business? Also, what would you add to this list?
Jump in and let's discuss the power of blogging! I love nothing more than conversing about the power of great content marketing, so please leave your questions and thoughts in the comments box below.