How-To: Start A Blog In Less Than 10 Minutes
Are you clueless on how you should start you own blog or website? I have come across so many tutorials that just beat around the bush and not tell me upfront on how I can make it happen!
I've been there too and it is really frustrating!!!
I know how overwhelming it is to start all this by yourself and trust me, it takes time to familiarize yourself with all this information.
Let me teach you how to make your own blog in a step-by-step way.
In this post, I'll take you through the complete process and give you some SEO and WordPress tips.
Read on if you are actually serious to dive in and build your blog.
It all happens in 3 simple and easy steps.
Step 1:Register a domain name + Web host (3 min) Step 2: Install WordPress (7 min) Step 3: Install a theme ( 5 min)
READY, SET? GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Step 1: Register a domain name + Web host (3 min)
Domain Name is the name of your website. My domain name is "justarpi.com".
Web Hosting is providing space for your website, like a secure space on the online world to store your website files (layout, blogging software, etc.) and so to make your blog accessible via the internet.
Let's begin by registering your domain with bluehost:
- Go to BlueHost (Click here for discount) and select a plan. Begin with a starter plan, you can always upgrade later.
- Choose a domain name and click on next
3. Next you will have to fill up the form. I recommend youto get their Domain Privacy protection plan for $0.99 per month to prevent your personal information from being displayed to the public.
Step 2: Install WordPress (7 min)
Wordpress is a content management system (CMS) where you put up all your content and decide the look and feel of your website.
- Setting up WordPress: Login to your Bluehost cPanel after you get your username and password on your email from bluehost.
2. After you logged in, Click on "website"
3. Now click on wordpress. It really is that simple!!!
4. Now Install WordPress.
5. Now check your domain
6. Now check the 2nd option and hit INSTALL.
7. Now check the 2nd option and hit INSTALL.
8. Installation in process...this will take aprox. 1 min. Then click on view credentials.
9. Now click on "View" button on the right side of the screen.
10. Now you are DONE!! You have your credentials (Username and Password) to login to your WordPress dashboard.
11. Now login to your wordpress website!
Step 3: Install a Theme (5 min)
Now after you see your dashboard. Go to your side menu> Appearance> Themes
You can install the free pre-made themes on WordPress, or buy them or hire a web designer or Hire MEEEE!! :)
If only you decide to install your own theme. Read this, it will be helpful to you.
Oh Arpi!!! Where do I buy themes themes from???
Don't Fret. I got covered.
- To use pre-made themes on WordPress: Login to Wordpress, go to sidemenu, Appearance > Themes > Install Themes and start your search. Or you can simply go to wordpress.org/themes.
- To buy a professionally-made theme: My favorite is Themeforest.net(price ranges from $30-$60). You may also buy fromCreative Market / BlueChicor Restored316. For more Feminine premium WordPress themes, check out our Premium WordPress themes section
- To hire web designers: you may know someone who can do it for you or you can post a job posting on Odesk.com or Elance.com
Yaaayyyyy!! you have reached a huge milestone in your life. It was easy right???
Well done my new friend/blogger.
Please comment your website in the comments. I will go and check it out :)
PS: Just in case you need my help with installing your blog, you can always check out my services here or contact me directly at email@example.com.